Alright so at the current moment I am debating whether or not I should buy the iPad or buy a new iPod touch to replace my first generation iPod touch. Essentially I just need something to run iOS4, which will not run on my current first gen. iPod.
Here is a list of some simple pros and cons of each device:
- Larger Screen.
- Runs both iPhone and iPad formatted apps.
- Full keyboard.
- More potential for apps.
- Huge Battery Life.
- Can replace laptop on trips.
- Can attach Camera and other devices through pin-port.
- Bluetooth Keyboard.
- It looks really freaking cool.
- Large Screen = Larger Device = Less Portable == Not fitting in normal pockets
- More money.
New iPod Touch
- Size. You really can’t beat the pocket sized iPod Touch for mobility.
- Will do what my current device does, just faster and with multitasking!
- Small keyboard compared to the iPad.
- Limits me to only iPod apps.
- Still is missing a decent word processor.
- Cannot replace my laptop.
What do you guys think?